Wednesday 27 May 2020

Beasts are BACKKKK...


Most retired toys collectors remain retired but kept themselves up to date on the latest releases or launches, not me though. So, imagine what I missed over the years when I woke up from my hiatus 5 years later.

I thought certain series or molds would have ended back then but no… TakaraTomy decided to spin its money wheel all over again and… walah…more new Big Convoy redecoes. Same mold but just different colors. Crap, for a completist, it becomes a must-do battle to collect all.

Now, there are 3 new redecoes that I have yet to own but do I really need to own them? It is no longer a question of want but rather a need. Do I need them just to complete my collection?

1. Encore Big Convoy (Matrix Buster version) (pic credit : tfwiki)

Check out my massive "Matrix Buster" cannon!

2. Encore Big Convoy (pics credit : Shopee, BBTS)




3. LG-EX Blue Convoy (pics credit : TFW2005, BBTS)




As I said, same mold, same articulation, same play value, only difference in colors (Matrix Buster version had no deco changes, only with new parts and a NAVI figurine). So, should I or should I not? That's the question now...

... and also whether I have spare space for both of them or not. It's rather crowded now, with the RID brothers in there.

Big Convoys : "no, thank you"