Tuesday 26 May 2020

Micron Legend Clear Convoy, 5 years later...

Should I come out of my retirement or should I stay retired?

I have not bought any Transformers since 2015, yes, 5 years ago seems like only yesterday but in truth, it is a long time ago. Told myself to "rest" after years of shopping sprees that drained me financially... I was more interested in buying rather than selling; and as money doesn't grow on trees, it would reach a point where I had to take stock of my situation and make the tough decision. Besides, I was also running out of display space, can't be renting a warehouse right? haha...

No regrets, though. Happy with what I had collected all those years, completed certain series and molds, played and displayed some of them, while others stayed sealed in boxes.

I am compelled to post this (yes, my first post since 2015) as one of my favorite molds is set to be relaunched. Not by Hasbro or Takara Tomy but by Fans Hobby, 3rd party company I try to stay away, to me, they are not legit. I am sure many would disagree with my statement but to each his own.

Fans Hobby MB-15 Naval Commander

Armada Optimus Prime aka "Fish Head" Prime is getting a massive upgrade and boy, this relaunch is AWESOME!! I am still staying away, okay? (behind the scenes, take my money plea$$eeeeee....)

What better way to honor this than to revisit my collection... so I decided to pull this out and let it loose. It has been in solitude over a decade and it is time for him to join his Band of Brothers.

Remember this Micron Legend/Armada Crystal Clear Convoy?

It gives me great pleasure to unbox it...

Everything is in translucent plastic, even its Mini-con Surge (aka Over-Run) 

YESSSS.... I am free!

Now, I'm armed and ready to go...

Armada "Bendy" (deluxe-sized) Optimus Prime is finally, complete. This collection has always been complete but now, it is completely displayed :)

You complete us but it's getting really crowded... 




This mold was redecoed 8 times (I hope no more, otherwise my fingers are going to get itchy, need to complete this mold... the setback of being a completist!)

So, should I get the Fans Hobby Naval Commander to complete my Armada "Fish Head" collection?

Armada Optimus Prime collection

Likely NOT... to me, it is already completed and I am done.